Question about Canadian logo copyright...

Subject: Question about Canadian logo copyright...
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 23:14:40 -0800

Oh look, it's my turn to actually ask the group a question!

I'm developing a web site for a small product manufacturer, and they would
like to include "As seen on TV" type blurbs in the material (they've been
profiled on various shows on CTV, CityTV, Outdoor Life Network and
others). Just to spiff it up, I'd like to grab little copies of these
channels' logos to put alongside their names. Okay, ideally, I should
contact the various stations for express permission... but does anyone
know if this falls under any sort of fair-use thing in Canada? How about
if I link the logos back to their companies' own sites?

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

They say there are strangers, who threaten us
Our immigrants and infidels
They say there is strangeness, too dangerous
In our theaters and bookstore shelves
Those who know what's best for us
Must rise and save us from ourselves
- Rush, "Witch Hunt"