Re: plagiarizing?

Subject: Re: plagiarizing?
From: bj <barbara -at- QUOTE -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:46:57 -0800

Plagiarizing is generally considered to be lifting large amounts of text from
someone else's writing. A word or phrase copied is imitation. How do you
think we ended up with thousands of people (hundreds of thousands?) going
around saying, "where's the beef?" or "get a life"??? If we can use it to
perpetuate meaningless throwaways, isn't it much more important and useful to
use imitation to perpetuate something really concise and cogent???

BJ

Debbie Figus wrote:

> Let's say you're looking at some other companies' manuals,
> and you see a particular wording or phrasing that's simply
> well written. Can you use it in your manual, or do you
> have to go around the block to come up with your own
> wording, just so that you're not plagiarizing?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=