Re[2]: Plagiarizing

Subject: Re[2]: Plagiarizing
From: Joyce Flaherty <joyce_flaherty -at- LIEBERT -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:59:11 -0500

Use it. Quit agonizing over it.
Logic must prevail at some point.

Joyce_Flaherty -at- liebert -dot- com

Subject: Re: Plagiarizing
Author: Debbie Figus <debbief -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL> at INTERNET
Date: 1/5/99 4:47 PM

Folks,

I specifically meant the following scenario:

You are glancing through another company's manual.
You read the following sentence:

Our Company is interested in the applications
you develop with our products, and we want to
help if you have problems with them.

It's a nicely written sentence, says everything it
needs to, and you were just about to work on the
Customer Support section of your manual.
Can you/would you use this sentence? Is there a
legal element to copyright and a moral one for
plagiarize? Would either of these obligate us
to twist and turn it around so it's our own creation,
even if that means it's not as pleasing a sentence?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=