plagiarizing?

Subject: plagiarizing?
From: Debbie Figus <debbief -at- NETVISION -dot- NET -dot- IL>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 15:27:11 +0200

I checked out the archives on this, but I didn't find a
black-and-white answer.

Let's say you're looking at some other companies' manuals,
and you see a particular wording or phrasing that's simply
well written. Can you use it in your manual, or do you
have to go around the block to come up with your own
wording, just so that you're not plagiarizing?

What I saw in the archives is that a writer may save
well-written bits and pieces for future use, in a crunch.
But the same person said they've never plagiarized.

What do you all say?

Thanks,
Debbie Figus
Excalibur Systems
Jerusalem, Israel
debbief -at- netvision -dot- net -dot- il

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=