Re: Version/Documentation Control Software

Subject: Re: Version/Documentation Control Software
From: Michelle Vina-Baltsas <Michelle_Vina-Baltsas -at- US -dot- CRAWCO -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 1999 17:09:22 -0500

Shari,

I use Visual Source Safe 6.0 and find it be to very helpful. When you
check documents in it allows you to add a description of the changes made
to the document, etc: it also maintains a history for you so you can check
previous revisions. You can do lots more stuff with it, but I'll have to
pass on describing the other features, as I only use a handful of them.

Good Luck!
Michelle

Shari Scott <SScott -at- COMPLEXIMAGING -dot- COM> on 01/04/99 04:18:12 PM

Please respond to Shari Scott <SScott -at- COMPLEXIMAGING -dot- COM>

To: TECHWR-L -at- LISTSERV -dot- OKSTATE -dot- EDU
cc: (bcc: Michelle Vina-Baltsas/CRAWFORDCO/US)

My two cents as a technical writer for a document management software
company...

I agree that Document management software may be overkill (besides it is
usually very expensive). Could something like Source Safe work? I must
admit, as a lone tech writer, I don't use Source Safe like I should so I am
unaware of all its features and ways to make it work for tech writing.

Shari Scott
Technical Writer
Complex Imaging Systems, Inc.
www.compleximaging.com <http://www.compleximaging.com>