Skipping page numbering - using Word

Subject: Skipping page numbering - using Word
From: Sylvia Braunstein <sbraun -at- RUGGED -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 10:36:00 +0200

We are using Word97 (Sorry about not mentioning that) and we do not
split out documents into different chapters.

Thank you
Sylvia
How do you skip page numbers so that the numbers do not
appear neither at the bottom of the page nor in the TOC (without
having to change styles)?
We have successfully removed the page numbers at the bottom of the
page.
However, in the TOC, the number 1 appears instead of leaving the page
number blank. Any ideas?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=