Re: Importing .cgm files into Word

Subject: Re: Importing .cgm files into Word
From: "D. Margulis" <ampersandvirgule -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 12:13:46 -0500

Chaim,

If you have Word, you more than likely also have PowerPoint. Try importing into
PowerPoint and then copying and pasting into Word. Alternatively, start the
Word or Office Setup program and see if you have an optional CGM import filter
you can install from CD that you didn't select on the initial installation.

Dick

Chaim Chatan wrote:

> I know that Word is capable of importing .cgm (Computer Graphics Metafile)
> files into documents, provided the appropriate filter is installed. Our
> version of Word at work does not have such filters, and we need to work
> with .cgm files. Is there a filter that I can download on a Web site
> somewhere, and if so, how would I install so that Word can read .cgm files?
> Chaim I. Chatan
> P.O. Box 31928
> Jerusalem 91318
> ISRAEL