Re: determine success

Subject: Re: determine success
From: "Roil, Nicola" <nroil -at- MSI -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:59:13 +1100

Peg writes
>I've convinced my boss that we need to do usability testing on our
manuals
>throughout the varies development stages...

>Does anyone know of any tool(s) that can be used to determine whether
or not
>a manual is a success (as deemed by the users)?

I'm confused. Isn't that what you're doing the testing for?

Easily quantifiable results that will show testing improved the manual
include:
-reduction in time it takes users to find information
- reduction in time it takes users to resolve problems

You should also be able to show an increase in understanding of
important concepts.

If you have an old version of the manual I suggest you do a test on that
first and compare results when the new manual is complete.

Nicola
nroil -at- msi -dot- com -dot- au

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=