Re: Microsoft & Tech Writers

Subject: Re: Microsoft & Tech Writers
From: John Posada <john -at- TDANDW -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 23 Dec 1998 14:13:25 -0500

Bruce...I'll address this in a way that shouldn't decompose into a hardware
holy war.

I think you are comparing apples and oranges (get it? huh? apples?) Anyway.
you cannot blame tech writers for creating different isntructions for different
proceesses?

Does the fact that a mfg powers a hard disk differently mean that because it's
written differently then the writer must be at fault?

We all know about the diferences in the interpretation of plug and play between
the two camps. I don't think it was fair to place the blame on the writer.
Would the Apple writers have written their same instructions if they were
writing about the PC?

--
John Posada, Technical Writer
Bellcore, where Customer Satisfaction is our number one priority

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=