determine success

Subject: determine success
From: "Rickard, Peg" <Peg -dot- Rickard -at- US -dot- DATEX-OHMEDA -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 15:57:00 -0600

I've convinced my boss that we need to do usability testing on our manuals
throughout the varies development stages. One of his conditions was that we
establish some sort of tool that tells us whether or not the manuals are
successful - that the testing did in fact improve the manuals. I know we
can do follow up questionnaires but I'm not sure that will tell us what we
need to know.

Does anyone know of any tool(s) that can be used to determine whether or not
a manual is a success (as deemed by the users)?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=