Convert WORD files or Winhelp to HTML help system?

Subject: Convert WORD files or Winhelp to HTML help system?
From: Katherine Pyle <kathpyle -at- IX -dot- NETCOM -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 12:37:55 -0800

I need a program that will convert a compiled Windows '95 help file (or the
original MW Word source files) to a set of HTML files for web-based on-line
help.

I tried to use RoboHELP/RoboHTML but they create the new HTML file names
from the topic titles.

This will not work for me because (a) the original topic titles (which
correspond to screen/field titles) are so long that they get truncated by
Robohelp (so I no longer can tell what a file's content is from viewing the
title), (b) Many of the topics have identical titles but slightly different
content -- and different "unique ID" names -- because the corresponding
program screens/fields have duplicate names.

What I really need is a program that can create the HTML file name from the
contents of a user-specified footnote.

Any ideas?

Thanks--

Katherine Pyle