To DOC or not to DOC

Subject: To DOC or not to DOC
From: Robert Maxey <Bob_Maxey -at- MTN -dot- 3COM -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:49:33 -0700

>>Second, when it comes time to sell the product, are you passing on
your savings on printing manuals to me, the customer? Generally not.
In fact, if you're like some companies I won't name, your private
Press division sells the missing documentation and turns it into a
profit center, thus charging me twice for the same information.

I bought some software - it cost me $225.00 last year. The new retail
version this year is $230.00. The difference is that last year, it came
with user guides and other documents. I opened up the box and all that is
there is a CD and a few sheets of regestration information. And a cupon to
order printed documents for $45.00.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=