Re: Recommendations for TW Texts

Subject: Re: Recommendations for TW Texts
From: Marjorie Hermansen-Eldard <meldard -at- ZZSOFT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 09:42:11 -0700

Susan,

Here are my "top 5" recommended texts. I use them myself and I use them extensively in the courses I teach at Utah Valley State College.

Designing and Writing Online Documentation, Wm. Horton
Dynamics in Document Design, Karen Shriver
Managing Your Documentation Projects, JoAnn Hackos
Writing Better Computer User Documentation, From Paper to Hypertext, R. John Brockmann
A "Real World" Look at Windows Help Authoring Tools, Cheryl Lockett Zubak

These are my top 5 because these books contain instructions, recommendations, and standards for all aspects of technical writing.

Marj Hermansen-Eldard
Senior Technical Writer
ZZSoft, Inc.

>>> Susan Lenczyk <suelenczyk -at- WORLDNET -dot- ATT -dot- NET> 12/15 6:46 PM >>>
Greetings, Everyone:

A friend and I (both with plenty of writing experience) are seriously
researching entering TW. Before plunging in, we want to read as much as
possible on the subject. We have researched the web and found quite a
number of books related to TW. However, as we have limited resources and
the books are expensive, we would like to know what two or three books you
recommend as the BEST basic introductions to TW.

To prevent a glut of e-mails to the entire list, please e-mail me directly
at suelenczyk -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net

As required, I will then post a summary. I would appreciate any help you
can give us.

Susan Lenczyk
suelenczyk -at- worldnet -dot- att -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=