Re: Copyright and Trademarks

Subject: Re: Copyright and Trademarks
From: "Burns, Nancy" <nburns -at- BREAULT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 08:56:29 -0700

Sylvia,
I use a trademark for a product name only once in a document, after the
first occurrence of the name in the body text - but not in headings. For
manuals, I also include on the copyright page (usually following the title
page) an alphabetical list of trademarked product names referenced in the
manual, followed by the companies that own the trademarks. This page also
includes a copyright statement.

You could check "Read Me First! A Style Guide for the Computer Industry,
SunSoft Press, or the Microsoft "Manual of Style" for specific usage
suggestions.

Nancy Burns
nburns -at- breault -dot- com