Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: Mark Craig <mcraig -at- WINCAPSOFTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 16:11:51 +0100

Don explained:
"For me, I want to have my manual in my hand. Be able to take it ... as
Matt says, "to the bathroom".)"

Yeah, but whether to have paper doc or not still depends on the particular
software product.

On the one hand, some software almost requires that you pull back from the
machine and learn background material. Imagine a beginning programmer
trying to get started doing a serious C++ project using only online
documentation.

On the other hand, you won't catch *me* on the pot reading "Winzip for
Beginners".

If the task is obvious before the user even gets to the software, they
maybe we can forego thick manuals. If the task is not obvious, perhaps some
paper documentation makes sense.

Mark

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=