Re: PDF v paper

Subject: Re: PDF v paper
From: Geoff Lane <geoff -at- GJCTECH -dot- FORCE9 -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 1998 14:42:44 -0000

David Thompson wrote:

Question:
Why is there a need for paper doc. to be shipped with a software product?
For example: I write the doc. in Word, I convert it to PDF and put it on a
CD. The final user can then view the doc. or print the doc. if need be.
Production costs are reduced. No printing and lighter packages to ship.
Am I over simplifying the situation?

Comments?