Re: Help! Saving Word Documents

Subject: Re: Help! Saving Word Documents
From: Bruce Conway <bconway -at- ISLAND -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 14:16:03 +0000

For example, this sounds alot like the Word Macro Virus to me. I could
be wrong, but (if using a PC) do a scan using Norton Antivirus (making
sure you have the latest virus definitions file).

If using a Mac, scan using SAM antivirus.

from: Bruce Conway (former Help Desk @ Nortel, but desperately trying to
get away from it).

Geri Lou Ciotoli wrote:

> > My documents are all of a sudden automatically saving each time I close
> > them. I'm not selecting save or anything like that.
> >
> > I opened a document to copy something out of it, so I cut it thinking I
> > just
> > wouldn't save the document, and then clicked on the close (X) box at the
> > top.. the document saved and then shut without prompting me to save it or
> > not save it This is dangerous... what happened?

> > Geri Lou Ciotoli
> > Dataline8000 Technical Communicator
> > Enterprise Computer Systems, Inc.
> > Office & Fax: 813-684-7659
> > If above line is busy: 813-684-6987
>
> From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==

Bruce Conway, B.A. (Math/Pol Sci) - Tech Writer/Communicator

Member:
Society for Technical Communication (STC)
Vancouver Island Adv. Technology Centre
(VIATeC)

RESUME: http://www.island.net/~bconway/resume.html
Email : bconway -at- island -dot- net