Re: Liability insurance in TechComm?

Subject: Re: Liability insurance in TechComm?
From: Toni McConnel <Toni -at- WORDSCULPTORS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 1998 19:24:42 -0700

Liability insurance is a growing issue. The National Writers Union is
offering the insurance for those who must have it, at the same time they
are fighting the growing practice of requiring it. incidentally, the NWU is
a good investment for tech writers, they fight a lot of battles for us and
they also have a job hotline that you can subscribe to. You can find out
about it at nwu.org.

Toni McConnel

At 05:52 PM 12/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I heard from someone today that in some recent discussions she's had
>regarding freelance work she was asked if she had liability insurance.
>
>Are others seeing this? It was the first that I had heard of it, but she
>seemed to think that working freelance would mean getting liability
>insurance.
>
>Thanks,
>Katherine
>
>From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000==