Re: Style Guides, Take II

Subject: Re: Style Guides, Take II
From: Robert Plamondon <robert -at- PLAMONDON -dot- COM>
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 07:16:56 -0800

I don't see why anybody uses the Microsoft Style Guide anyway. I mean,
sure, if you think Microsoft's documentation is the bee's knees, then you'd
want to read the book to find out how they did it. But Microsoft's
documentation has been muddled and clueless from day 1. You'd be better off
starting from first principles than emulating them. At least your mistakes
would be honest and possibly ephemeral, instead of dull and institutional.

-- Robert

Robert Plamondon * High-Tech Technical Writing
36475 Norton Creek Road * Blodgett OR 97326
541-453-5841 * Fax: 541-453-4139
mailto:robert -at- plamondon -dot- com * http://www.pioneer.net/~robertp

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=