Programs used

Subject: Programs used
From: "Pamela Kay - MIS (Corp)" <pkay -at- MAIL -dot- ALL-IN-1 -dot- COM>
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 1998 00:33:57 -0000

I'm a reader de-lurking for a moment to pose a question. I have been
working at my job for about 4 months. I was "promoted" from a Help Desk to
Tech Writer for the department. Although I have worked in a technical field
for years and am fairly good at writing, this is my first chance to put them
together! I have now learned enough about the job description to be able to
begin the task, but I have one question.

What do you use as your editor or publishing software?

I asked if we could purchase something like Framemaker but that was shot
down in 5 minutes by a Microsoft groupie. He thinks I can just use Word if
we only wait until the next big upgrade. (When will that be? I need to get
working!)

I need to know about any and all things you use out there so I can further
research for myself and chose the right software for this project. I would
also like to hear any thoughts you have on the reasons to use one over the
other. I need to have arguments for the software I choose.

Things you may need to know: Hard copy is being worked on now. On-line
will come later. There are 3 projects that will need to be completed
ranging from 100 to 300 pages a piece, estimated. The larger one will be
stationed in about 300 locations around the USA and in Canada. Currently I
am the only one working on this with no future helper at this time.

If there are any other questions you need answered first, let me know. Thank
you all in advance for your help!

Remember: STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
Pamela Kay
MIS :-)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=