Re: Alternative to Front Page?

Subject: Re: Alternative to Front Page?
From: Jim Lockard <norton -at- MEGSINET -dot- NET>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 10:22:27 -0600

Good morning,

I have no interest in starting another platform war, but I must point out
that Gary Robinson's post about WYSIWYG web authoring tools is terribly
misleading. Gary's message reads,

---------------
_Presentations_ magazine (Oct. '98) recently reviewed WYSIWYG web
authoring tools. Their results/opinion rated 1 -- 5 (5 being the best):

Mac
GoLive Cyberstudio 3.1 -- 5 (the only Mac tool given a review)

Windows
Macromedia Dreamweaver 1.2 -- 5
NetObjects Fusion 3.0 -- 4
Symantec Visual Page 2.0 -- 4
Adobe PageMill 3.0 -- 3
Microsoft FrontPage 98 -- 3

----------------

When we hear discussions about Windows v. Mac, we often encounter the myth
that, "there's no software available for the Mac." And this myth is often
innocently, but erroneously, perpetuated by our peers in the magazine
industry.

That line about Cyberstudio being "the only Mac tool given a review" is the
culprit. That line is misleading because it implies that the Windows
programs listed separately do not come in a Macintosh version. The truth is
that all the programs listed under Windows--with the possible, sole
exception of Visual Page--are also available for the Mac.

In a forum for technical writers, we should be sensitive to the subtler
meanings our words carry.

James Lockard

norton -at- megsinet -dot- net

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=