Review Process - Suggestions?

Subject: Review Process - Suggestions?
From: Steven Anderson <Steven -dot- Anderson -at- BRIGHTWARE -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 11:36:59 -0800

Greetings,

I am working with a small software company and we are planning on revamping
our document review process.

The current process is this - we send out the document to be reviewed via
e-mail in PDF format; the reviewers send us comments via e-mail citing page
number(s) to make clear what their comments refer to; we make corrections to
the original document based on the reviewers comments.

One of the things I would like to do would be to encourage the reviewers to
use Acrobat Exchange to make their comments. This would ensure that the
context of the comment is clear. Does anyone use a process like this?

However, I don't think that this is the best solution. I would like a
review process where reviewers can see the comments of other reviewers as
well as the original document. Do you think that there is a process that
could do that? For example, maybe creating the PDF, putting it into
SourceSafe and having reviewers check out and make comments on that copy is
one process I think would help. That raises its own problems, though (such
as not allowing multiple people to review the same document).

Does anyone have suggestions on how we could set up such a process?
Examples of what you do (or have done) would also be very interesting to me.

Steve

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=