Re: Dumbing it down

Subject: Re: Dumbing it down
From: John Cornellier <cornelli -at- CLAMART -dot- SRPC -dot- SLB -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 09:43:50 +0100

>Another way of thinking about writing simply and clearly is to picture
yourself
>giving instructions to an older relative who's very intelligent, just not
very
>knowledgeable about your subject.

Another good analogy is to picture youself giving instructions to someone
who speaks English as a second language. I've noticed in my travels that
some people have an almost instinctive aptitude for speaking to
language-learners, while others "just talk louder".

John Cornellier
cornelli -at- clamart -dot- srpc -dot- slb -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=