Re: Portability of Frame drawings

Subject: Re: Portability of Frame drawings
From: Greg Anderson <Greg -dot- Anderson -at- CENTRAL -dot- SUN -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 16:47:04 -0700

FVM out of Framemaker can be used for Exporting single pages of a native
document. This method works well with 'drawing' type elements.

I am unfamilar with the other Import File Formats that Corel Draw supports.

If you provide a listing of these, we can check them against Framemaker,v5.5.6
and I will post this back to the TECHWR readers.

smiller -at- PORTAL -dot- COM posted:

> Are Frame drawings portable to graphics programs, for example, Corel Draw?
> Corel Draw includes an option for importing something called a Frame Vector
> Metafile (FVM), whatever that is. Frame help doesn't mention FVM.
>
> The idea here is that it's a good idea to not get locked into a dead-end
> proprietary format, but instead use something that could be converted to
> something else. Frame seems like a dead-end to me, graphics-wise.

-Greg Anderson

|| Greg 'Andy' Anderson | Sun Microsystems Broomfield, CO ||
|| Desktop Productivity Tools | Document Conversion Service ||

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=