Re: Degrees

Subject: Re: Degrees
From: Kelly Norton <jnorton -at- JBLSMTP -dot- PHL -dot- LRPUB -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 11:47:50 -0500

BA--English, concentrating in Technical Writing

Should we take into consideration WHEN folks received their degrees?
How many schools had tech writing programs 10-15-20 years ago? The
college I attended fresh out of high school had nothing in the lines
of 'tech writing.' But 'life happened' and I transferred 10 years
later to a university w/ a tech writing program. Otherwise, I would
have a straight English degree.

Thanks,
Kelly Norton
Technical Writer
Lippincott Williams & Wilkins
Philadelphia, PA
>>> "Gutierrez, Diane" <Diane -dot- Gutierrez -at- WESTGROUP -dot- COM> 12/08/98
11:31AM >>>
I am compiling statistics on the current education and degrees of
listserv
members for later posting. Any others? Although most seem to have
English
or tech comm. degrees, let's count all possible backgrounds.
Yo, Ph.D. candidate in tech comm...is this for a future teaching
position?

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=
Send commands to listserv -at- listserv -dot- okstate -dot- edu (e.g., SIGNOFF
Check out topic summaries at
http://www.raycomm.com/techwhirl/topics.htm

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=