Re: Degree

Subject: Re: Degree
From: EZRIEL <ezriel -at- GALOR -dot- COM>
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 10:32:20 +0200

This is my first post, so forgive me if I sound a little nervous.

BA Urban and Environmental Studies
M.Sc Urban Planning - (Transportation)

And to top things off, I am a CPA. And a CNE. And a whole bunch'a
other letters that fall off the edge of my business card into the abyss.

I think that a degree shows employers that you have a level of
discipline as well as the ability to research problems in order to find
appropriate solutions.
There are superb technical writers out there who are degree-less, and
all I can say is more power to them. Technical writing implies a love of
the written word as well as a love for learning new things. As a
technical writer, I can safely say that I learn something totally new
every single day. I would venture that the majority of us are in the
computer industry, and with the almost hourly changes that take place,
standing still for even a short time means falling behind the game.

That was not so hard. Maybe I'll do this again one day.

Ezriel Yellin
Technical Writer
Gal-Or Systems and Software Development Ltd.
Tel-Aviv, Israel
ezriel -at- galor -dot- com (03) 6235347
-
Results! Why, man, I have gotten a lot of results. I
know several thousand things that won't work.
-Thomas Edison
-

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=