Re: Alternative to Front Page?

Subject: Re: Alternative to Front Page?
From: Mary McWilliams Johnson <mary -at- SUPERCONNECT -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 10:43:53 -0600

If you must have a WYSIWYG editor, I think the best one is DreamWeaver. It
comes bundled with HomeSite (for Windows) or BBEdit (for Mac).

This is really a winning combination. I was using HomeSite and loving it
before I got DreamWeaver. Now I find they meet my needs quite well.

Both FrontPage and PageMill are really mean about throwing in their own
proprietary codes, which just mess up your HTML code and really need to be
removed.

You'll find some good information about HTML editors on my Web site--Mary's
Tips on Designing Web Sites.
http://www.superconnect.com/marystips/
Click on the "Getting Started" link in the Menu. When that page appears,
scroll to the "Get an HTML editor" heading and follow the links to some
really good info on the subject.

Cordially, Mary McWilliams Johnson
McJohnson Communications
Documentation / Web Site Design, Development and Graphics
www.superconnect.com
------------------------------º><º------------------------------
"The biggest mistake people make in life is not trying to make a living
at doing what they most enjoy." ~ Malcomb S. Forbes

At 08:22 AM 12/4/98 PST, John Nesbit wrote:
> We use Front Page here at work to create our web pages, but I'm finding
>it way too limited and too buggy. I continually have to go in and
>correct it with basic HTML code.
> Any recommendations out there on really good web authoring tools?
>
>John Nesbit

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000