Re: Word: ghost sections

Subject: Re: Word: ghost sections
From: "David M. Brown" <dmbrown -at- BROWN-INC -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 1998 08:09:43 -0800

John Cornellier wrote:

> Hi, I have a Word 7 doc in which the section numbering increments on
> status bar, as I move the cursor through the text -- but Word does not
> display the "Section Break" in the text.
> Anyone encountered this and/or have a workaround?

Try these:

* Make sure you're in Normal view. Sometimes breaks are hard to
find in Page Layout view, especially breaks that change from one-
column layout to two (such as near the beginning of an index or
glossary).

* Try showing revisions on screen. The section break may be in a
segment marked for deletion.

Good luck!

--David

David M. Brown - Brown Inc.
dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com

N O W A V A I L A B L E ! http://www.html-indexer.com/

Try HTML Indexer, the easiest way to create and maintain real
back-of-the-book indexes for web sites and other HTML documents.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=