Re: Short duration of jobs

Subject: Re: Short duration of jobs
From: Katav <katav -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 18:08:16 -0800

Some random thoughts.

One - the days of an employer and employee being 'wed for life' are
over. On rare occasions will you find any degree of loyality in EITHER
direction. Sad but true.

Two - it dawned on me, as I thought about my resume - that contractors
with a 'too many jobs' problem could list everything as follows:

Self-employed <tab> fromdate - Present
your_city/state

<general statement> Perform contract <whatever - 'assignments?'> with
the following companies (organizations, Fortune *00, whatever makes
you look good).

Job title
Client
Description

Job title
Client
Description

I don't think there is a need to get into the from/to thing since
that's covered by the From-Present to the right of 'Self-employed.'
Depending on the resume target, you may prefer to use replace 'Client'
with 'business' -- e.g. if Client=Joe's Telephone Company,
you might want to use 'Telephone company' or something similar.

(With judicious use of hidden\conditional text, you can have it both
ways.)

I am a /consultant/ who has been with the same agency for more than 3
years (!) and of that time, more than a little has been 'on the bench'
and doing office 'busy work.' The company is as close to 'loyal' as it
can be and still turn a profit. On the flip side, I advertise my
services on the WWW to prospective directs (agency clients) and other
agencies (to which I would sub-contract). All very open and
above-board (and THAT is an expression someone ought to pick up on -
'above board' - something to do when '#'s days are #ed and the subject
has been #ed into the ground :-]).

==
Katav ( katav -at- yahoo -dot- com )
''Despise not any person and do not deem anything unworthy
of consideration, for there is no person without his hour,
and no thing without its place'' {Ben Azzai [Avot 4:2]}

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=