Re: Too many jobs on a resume

Subject: Re: Too many jobs on a resume
From: Jacqueline Porter <r5559c -at- EMAIL -dot- SPS -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 13:36:04 -0700

Funny, but when I was a journalist, if you stayed at a paper for three
years, you were considered "stagnant" and it was more difficult to get
another job. In reporting, you are expected to move every year or so in
order to advance to a higher circulation.

All of my jobs have been through contract agencies since I became a
technical writer, and the longest job I've had is two years. All of my
jobs have ended because the contracts have ended. I've accomplished
quite a bit in my work. With downsizing and the current volatile
environment of the corporate world, ESPECIALLY in high technology, I
feel you can't look at a person's candidacy for a position solely based
on time of service anymore.

Regards,

J. M. Porter

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=