Importing Power Point presentation into Word

Subject: Importing Power Point presentation into Word
From: Keith Jeremy Posner <posner -at- SODALIA -dot- IT>
Date: Wed, 2 Dec 1998 10:41:23 +0100

Good morning,

I have a question on creating a Word document from a Power Point
presentation. I would like to use a PowerPoint presentation as a single
source for:

* the Power Point presentation itself, and
* a Word document which contains the original Power Point slides,
headers and footers, a table of contents based on the slide
headings.

I have tried the Power Point facility File | Send to... --> Word
Document but there are some problems with this procedure.

1. The slides imported into the Word document become so small as to be
difficult to read. There doesn't seem to be any automatic way to
control the size of the imported slides.
My solution: I have to do this manually in the Word document.
2. Once I have imported the slides into Word, I am unable to create a
table of contents because Word sees the imported slides as onjects
and therefore does not have access to the text in the slide
headings.
My solution: I have to manually type the slide headings into the
Word document in order to be able to create the table of contents.

Clearly these solutions are not satisfactory because they are very
manual and very time-consuming, not to mention the fact theat I need to
repeat these actions every time I re-import the slides into Word. Does
anyone know of a way to automate this procedure?

Many thanks
Keith
--

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=