Seattle Technical Editing position Available!

Subject: Seattle Technical Editing position Available!
From: Lisa Sorensen <lisas -at- OZ -dot- NET>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 20:10:56 -0800

Meridian Partners Limited, located near Seattle, WA, is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Provider, specializing in e-business solutions, custom software development, commercial Internet services, consulting and project management. We are privately held and growing at an amazing rate (300% in the past year alone). In fact, this year we were ranked # 1 by the Puget Sound Business Journal on their list of Fastest-growing Companies by Employee Growth in the state of Washington.

We are currently seeking a Technical Editor for Commercial Network Operators website for large software firm in Redmond, WA. Website targets network operators of all kinds (i.e. Telcos, Cable Co's. ISPs, VANs) and the individuals who support them (System Integrators, Consultants, Solution Providers, etc.)

This ideal candidate will perform a variety of ongoing editorial and site planning functions including:

* Sourcing, compiling and writing technical content (whitepapers, deployment guides, configuration guides, tools, patches, troubleshooting guides etc).
* Building and managing the Editorial Calendar in a six-month window. This includes working with product group systems engineers, program managers, developers etc. to obtain compelling technical content for customers. The Technical Editor will be responsible for putting these materials in a context that makes sense for customers.
* Working with marketing on the ongoing definition and structure of the content in the TechCenter. This includes working with the Marketing Lead, Technical lead and HTML editor/designer on a synergistic plan and gathering the input from other groups/sites we need to integrate with.

* Ensuring the accuracy, consistency, and readability of all content in assigned subject areas. Maintains correctness, consistency and accuracy in documentation. Ensures compliance with corporate legal guidelines for adding trademarks to product names.
* Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and style is required
* Candidate must have a strong grasp of Commercial networking technologies, in particular (Windows NT, Backoffice, IE, Strong writing, editing, project management, communication and organization skills required. Must have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work as part of a team.

Meridian's strength is the talent, expertise, and character of its employees, who lead the industry in creating next generation software products, applications, and Web-based solutions for the top companies in the Northwest. Send your resume to mailto:recruiter -at- mpl -dot- net or visit us at http://www.mpl.net and see what other great opportunities we have available!

Sincerely,

Lisa L. Sorensen
Meridian Partners, Ltd.
425.688.9211