Re: International Paper series

Subject: Re: International Paper series
From: Barb Philbrick <caslonsvcs -at- IBM -dot- NET>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 17:47:14 GMT

Gregory Drew was looking for the International Paper series some time
ago. I tried to send to his e-mail address, but it bounced. Hence this
message. If anyone knows how to pass this along to him, I'd appreciate
it.

If anyone else wants copies of this series, let me know. If I get a
lot of requests, I might need to ask for copying and postage costs,
though I'm willing to float a few no charge.

Barb

Gregory:

I apologize for my rather long delay in getting back to you, but I
have the entire set (I think) and would be happy to send them to you.

What I've got are the How to:
... improve your vocabulary, by Tony Randall
... read faster, by Bill Cosby
... write with style, by Kurt Vonnegut
... use a library, by James A. Michener
... enjoy the classics, by Steve Allen
... read an annual report, by Jane Bryant Quinn
... make a speech, by George Plimpton
... enjoy poetry, by James Dickey
... encourage your child to read, by Erma Bombeck
... read a newspaper, by Walter Cronkite
... write clearly, by Edward T. Thompson
... write a business letter, by Malcolm Forbes (I particularly liked
this one as a teaching tool)
... spell, by John Irving
... punctuate, by Russell Baker
... write a resume, by Jerrold G. Simon

If you're still looking for them, let me know. I should be able to get
them out to you some time next week (after Thanksgiving).

Barb

On Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:50:02 -0400, you wrote:

>Back in the early 1980s International Paper Co. ran a series of =
>advertisements in magazines such as Time and Newsweek aimed at helping =
>the public improve communications skills. Celebreties such as Tony =
>Randall were featured (his was on ways you can improve your vocabulary). =
>I remember these "infotisements" were quite good.
>
>I am preparing to teach some writing workshops and would like toget my =
>hands on some (or all) of the ads in this series because Ithink they =
>would be excellent teaching aids. A few months ago I wrote to =
>International Paper to inquire if they still had these in theirarchives, =
>but have not heard back. Does anyone out there have any ideas on how I =
>could possibly getthem? Perhaps some did get the set when they were =
>available and would be willing to share?
>
>Many thanks,
>Greg

>Gregory D. Drew, Principal
>Random Lake Communications
>Technical Communications Services
>290 Echelon Rd #5
>Voorhees, NJ 08043-2414
>random_lake -at- mailexcite -dot- com

Barbara Philbrick, Caslon Services Inc.
Technical Writing. caslonsvcs -at- ibm -dot- net
Cleveland, OH

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000