Certification: THE SOLUTION

Subject: Certification: THE SOLUTION
From: Jason Willebeek-LeMair <jlemair -at- ITEXCHSRV2 -dot- PHX -dot- MCD -dot- MOT -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 1998 07:47:04 -0700

Well, I have finally found the solution to certification. For only
US$200.00, you too can have the Ph.D. of your choice.

I received the following e-mail during the great Certification Debate of
'98. I did not make this up--it is actual spam.

Please note that I do NOT recommend paying the money and getting the degree
(hence, I deleted the contact info). But, it is interesting to see how
someone with a laser printer and certificate stock can make a quick buck.

Kinda makes you wonder why we spend all our time creating useful information
products...

---------Attachment-------------

UNIVERSITY DEGREE PROGRAMS ----

Increase your personal prestige and money
earning power through an advanced
university degree.

Eminent, non-accredited universities will
award you a degree for only $200.

Degree granted based on your present
knowledge and experience. No further
effort necessary on your part.

Just a short phone call is all that is required for a
BA, MA, MBA, or PhD diploma in the field of your
choice.

---------End Attachment------------

Jason

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=