Re: Office 97 SR-2

Subject: Re: Office 97 SR-2
From: Bellomy James CN EPG <bellomyj -at- HUACHUCA-EMH31 -dot- ARMY -dot- MIL>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 11:35:27 -0700

The SR-2 patch is awful.

If you want SR-2, get the replacement CD. I received mine less than two
weeks after ordering. Have had no problems. You do have to uninstall
your current version and loose most of your settings, but the stability
is worth it.

If you need more info on this, go to www.wopr.com, home of Woody's
Office Watch. Instructions for getting the replacement CD are in volume
3.40. I had no problems getting the CD using their instructions other
than hearing the Microsoft BS line of "but the patch is much faster,
easier to install..."

If you use Outlook98, do a little more searching through their archives.
There are some problems with Outlook 98 files being overwritten by
Outlook97 from the CD.

Jim Bellomy
Technical Publications
Computer Sciences Corporation/