Re: FW: Front Page

Subject: Re: FW: Front Page
From: Matt Ion <soundy -at- SOUNDY -dot- ML -dot- ORG>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 1998 08:33:01 -0800

On Tue, 24 Nov 1998 09:59:07 -0500, Huber, Mike wrote:

>What You See ain't What You Get because What You Get ain't what Fred over
>there Gets! Without even getting into handicap accessibility issues and
>people with odd taste in browsers and configurations, you simply have no
>idea how large the user has the browser window sized. Some people use the
>whole screen, others use just a little window. Some people have 21 inch
>monitors with insanely high resolution, and some people use laptops with
>little screens that have big fat pixels and poor color saturation.

Amen, Mike. I do most of my work on my laptop, which is limited to 800x600
resolution. There's nothing more maddening than having to scroll around on
pages that insist "you must be running 1024x768 resolution"... and in an
attempt to bring this a little more on-topic, this and other
browser-proprietary junk, oversized images, excessive use of frames, and
other stuff that slows down pages are particularly annoying when visiting
manufacturers' tech-support pages.

When I'm having a problem with your product, and I want to look up
information, FAQs or hardware drivers, the last thing I care about is how
fancy your animated logo at the top of every page is.

Your friend and mine,
Matt
<All standard disclaimers apply>
"Reality is in alpha test on protoype hardware."

Hold your fire --
Keep it burning bright
Hold the flame 'til the dream ignites --
A spirit with a vision is a dream with a mission
- Rush, "Mission"

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=