e-commerce and TW

Subject: e-commerce and TW
From: Miki Magyar <MDM0857 -at- MCDATA -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 1998 12:43:00 -0700

Thanks to Steven Owens for a well-written and coherent review of e-commerce. If there's any question, it is very relevant to my current job as a tech writer. I've been volunteered to organize the product integration matrix for the extranet, to help the system integration guys figure out what will work with what. Fortunately, I have the opportunity to do it right the first time. I can do a better job now that I have a clearer picture of what future options I can design for as the system expands.

This is a welcome change from grinding out release n.n.n+1 of WonderWidget, and I'm pleased that Tech Comm got called in to help with the project. I think it's another example of the need for us all to expand our self-definitions to accommodate the jobs that are out there. If they want a 'content database designer', I can put on that label as well as 'communications massage therapist'. What counts is that I can convince them that I understand their problem at least as well as they do, and that I have ideas for solutions that they haven't thought of. (And that I'm worth my outrageous fee!)

Miki
mikim -at- ieee -dot- org

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000