Re: Kill the Certification Thread

Subject: Re: Kill the Certification Thread
From: "Huber, Mike" <mrhuber -at- SOFTWARE -dot- ROCKWELL -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 1998 09:25:58 -0500

> From: rlprice [mailto:rlprice -at- NETCOM -dot- CA]
> Mostly I was responding to the comments that the thread
> should be killed because it has been discussed before. "Search the
Archives"
> seems to be an easy way of cutting a discussion off and of avoiding what
one
> does not want to discuss.(if the issue is past tense I can avoid it).
> This is an issue of the present and near future and is not
> going to Go to the Archives".

Some people may suggest the archives to cut off discussion. I suggest that
going to the archives is a matter of research.
Perhaps, as you say, something has changed recently that invalidates the
"old*" arguments or brings up new ones. Or maybe you have a new idea. Read
the archives to get perspective and focus on what has changed, and thus make
a better case. Otherwise, your new perspective will be lost in the huge and
tedious mass of very, very stale argument. Certainly, if there has been a
new idea posed on the topic recently (other than the "Merit Badges") I have
missed it.

* Some of the arguments are only a few months old - we aren't talking
ancient history here, despite the venerable term "archive".
---
Office:
mike -dot- huber -at- software -dot- rockwell -dot- com
Home:
nax -at- execpc -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=