Re: Pane or Panel ?

Subject: Re: Pane or Panel ?
From: Linda Sherman <linsherm -at- GTE -dot- NET>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 15:29:33 -0500

Matthew DONOVAN wrote:
> I have been asked to provide a definition of "pane" and "panel" to see
> which best suits the areas of the program.

> Is there a *fundamental* difference between the two?

Yes, but keep in mind that both terms are so widely abused and misused
that it is unlikely your readership will appreciate your attempts at

A pane is a (usually) independently scrollable subsection of a window.
It's what you get, for example, if you drag the splitter bar in a Word

A panel is an object that is used to group controls and other objects.
It is often but not always dragable, occasionally resizable or
scrollable. Most toolbars, for example, consist of a panel with buttons.
Panels may or may not have a visible border.

Linda K. Sherman <linsherm -at- gte -dot- net>
Freelance Writer: Technical - Business - Government

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=

Previous by Author: Re: Your Opinion Please - Lecture Structure
Next by Author: Re: ANON
Previous by Thread: Pane or Panel ?
Next by Thread: Re: Certification - do it urself

What this post helpful? Share it with friends and colleagues:

Sponsored Ads