Re: Applying two styles in a single paragraph in Word

Subject: Re: Applying two styles in a single paragraph in Word
From: Kuovonne Vorderbruggen <kuovonne -at- YAHOO -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 1998 06:44:08 -0800

Another method of using two *paragraph* styles in
a single paragraph in Word is to type the text
as two paragraphs, apply the appropriate paragraph
styles to them, then select just the paragraph
mark at the end of the first paragraph and make
it hidden text. The effect is sort of like a run-in
heading. The first paragraph retains all of the
paragraph formating for that style, but the line
break disappears when you hide hidden text.

Of course, if you like to see hidden text when you work,
(like I do) it will still look like two paragraphs until
you hide hidden text. One option is to create a character
style, such as "hidden para" with the properties of hidden
text and some other visible formatting, such as a different
color. Then apply the character style "hidden para" to
just the paragraph mark. This way you can tell if you've
already hidden the paragraph mark yet or not without toggling
views.

As a disclaimer, although I have tried this out, I do not
actually use this trick on a regular basis. (I don't remember
where I first heard of this trick. I think it's in the archives.)

-Kuovonne Vorderbruggen
kuovonne -at- yahoo -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=