Re: certification

Subject: Re: certification
From: "Green, Stan" <Stan -dot- Green -at- AAI-US -dot- COM>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 11:03:05 -0600

Certification would be only as good as its acceptance .For example; if to be
certified was a prerequisite to preparing Military manuals, or if Microsoft
said only certified Technical Communicators are welcome... then it would
mean something. Without such an industry acceptance all that would happen
would be that the certification agency would get wealthy. However, there is
a quasi certification now in our business; more and more employers are
requiring four year degrees.

Thanks

stan