[no subject]

From: Martin Lakeland <Martin -dot- Lakeland -at- MULTINET -dot- COM -dot- AU>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 14:24:39 +1100

Is anyone out there?
Has anyone tried rewriting a document written by programmers (in programmer
speak) for programmers before?
(in this case a data transformation tool).
The existing document I have been given is currently described as a user
guide but I am wondering if you can write a general user guide for such a
specific audience. Would a general reference guide be more appropriate - but
if this is the case then how do you reword anything if you dont have the
technical knowledge as a writer to redwrite the text.
In other words, is there a technical writer out there who has written a
manual where they have needed to (or felt that they have needed to be) a
programmer first? (rather than slowly accumulate knowledge as they go).
Hope this doesn't sound too confused.
Martin.

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=