FM Hypertext->PDF problem

Subject: FM Hypertext->PDF problem
From: Paul Branchaud <paul -at- ZKS -dot- NET>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 15:58:58 -0500

Greetings all,

I have looked through the archives to no avail. I hope someone can help me
with this latest stumper...

The scenario: The first version of my document will be delivered exclusively
in PDF format. I have decided to add navigation icons to allow users to
click through the PDF file. I created the icons, placed them in background
text frames on the master pages, and inserted the proper hypertext markers
for the desired navigation. When I test the icons in view only (Frame 5.5),
they work exactly as expected. (I am using Win98 on a P2/266 with 64Mb RAM)

The problem: When I convert the Frame file to PDF, the icons convert, but
they do not let me navigate through the file. I have checked the Frame
documentation and online help, and I appear to be doing everything right
(the hypertext commands I am using are supposed to work in PDF as described
by Frame). Also, I was wondering why Exchange opens two copies of the same
PDF file (whether I open it manually, or have it opened automatically after
the file is generated)?

Thanks in advance,

Paul
Paul "RTFM Guy" Branchaud (paul -at- zks -dot- net)
Lead Technical Writer, Zero-Knowledge Systems, Inc.

Any ex-wandering troubadour slash hostage negotiator could've done it.
-- Cornfed

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=