WinHelp: Opening and closing windows

Subject: WinHelp: Opening and closing windows
From: Michelle Corbin <mcorbin -at- HEALTHMATICS -dot- COM>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:24:30 -0500

Hello all! I am in the process of designing an online help system and an
online document system using WinHelp. The online document HLP file has a
different size and position from the help HLP file. I am having some
difficulty figuring out how to keep certain windows open and close other
windows once a link is taken.

Essentially, I have a link from my help HLP file that goes to my online
document HLP file. When that link is taken, the help HLP file closes
leaving only the document HLP file open. How do I make that original help
HLP file stay open with the new document HLP file open on top of it?

Then, I link from my online document HLP file back to my help HLP file,
going into a "pop-up sized" secondary window. There is a link in this new
topic that goes *back* to the online document HLP file. But, when it goes
back there, this pop-up sized secondary window remains open. How do I
close that window when it goes back to the main document HLP file?

I am very confused by the behaviors and I was hoping to find someone who
might be able to help me figure it out. I have read through a couple
different books on Windows95 online help and I just can't seem to get the
behavior I want.

I have started following TECHWR-L in DIGEST form, using David Castro's cool
List Reder, so if you could please copy me on any responses that you send
back to the list. Or, if you would rather that I compile all the responses
and post a summary, I'd be happy to do that as well.

Thanks,
Michelle Corbin

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=