Software to tally number of windows in an application

Subject: Software to tally number of windows in an application
From: Carla Lotito <Carla_Lotito -at- BAAN -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 11:35:34 -0500

Hello,

Here's a stumper for you. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

We have software which is uses OCX technology which means its components are
plugins to the application.
I have been told that each OCX can be a software window or a group of
software windows.

The problem:

We need to know exactly how many windows there are in the software for
revision and localization purposes. This is not currently possible because
we can't tally how many windows there are, nor find out how to access them
all.

What we need:

Software than can read an application (exe) or an OCX and tell us the list
of windows there are in that OCX or exe, even if there are some that are
child windows to others that are only displayed when accessed through a
parent window. Ideally, the software would display the windows or take a
snapshot and perhaps give us coordinates to which ocx it is in. We need to
know more about the windows than the dialogs but both are fine.

I know blue-sky's What's This help composer displayed dialog boxes in an exe
file. Would there be a similar software to display all windows?

The software is developed with Delphi.

Does anyone know if such software exists?

I appreciate any leads you may have.

Thanking you in advance, I wait for your answers.

Carla.
Carla Lotito, Technical Writer
e-mail: carla_lotito -at- baan -dot- com
"A writer pulls words from within, just like a spider threads a web from
itself". (Kane)

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=