Request for Info on Jobs in W. Mass

Subject: Request for Info on Jobs in W. Mass
From: Jennifer Square <squarej -at- NATIONWIDE -dot- COM>
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 1998 12:23:50 -0500

(I'm sending this message for a co-worker! Please
respond to me off-list.)

I'm considering a move to W. Mass Northampton area)
in the next couple of years and would like your "real world"
insights into the employment picture there.

My particular interest is in editing, particularly in the
noncomputer sciences, engineering, and architecture.

I have 18 years' experience in tech. communications,
mainly in technical editing. I've also done software
applications technical writing and marketing writing and
have edited and helped design online sites.
In addition, I've worked as a technical copyeditor
handling subject matter from nuclear physics
to library science for both journal and textbook publishers.

I'm experienced with both Word, FrameMaker/Adobe
Acrobat and have some experience with Powerpoint,
FrontPage 98, and PaintShop Pro.

Here's what I'd like to know:

What t;ypes of jobs are available
Who the major employers are