Word 97 SR-1 and indexing

Subject: Word 97 SR-1 and indexing
From: Barclay Blanchard <Bblancha -at- MANHATTANASSOCIATES -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:46:19 -0500

I've searched the Techwr-l archives and didn't see a solution to the problem
I'm having.

In Word 97, I tried using a SEQ field for the chapter numbers of my document
and then
used an INDEX field with the switch "\s chapter"... and the chapter number
*wasn't*
placed in the index before the page numbers. It worked in Word 6, @#&$@&.

Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround?
Barclay Blanchard, Technical Writer, Manhattan Associates
770.955.5533 x1485 bblancha -at- manhattanassociates -dot- com

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=