Re: Referring to HTML tags

Subject: Re: Referring to HTML tags
From: Doug Nickerson <Doug_Nickerson -at- ONSETCOMP -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 15:44:52 -0500

Hi Sue,

Here's my take

Capitalize both the tags and the attributes of those tages.

If you are saying the "balnk tag' in a sentenct use the following:

"The LAYER tag is particulary impossible to understand."
"The BODY tag has the attribute TITLE. It also is extremely forbidding
in every way."

But, if you're describing syntax -- similar to the way you would tell
someone
to type something at a keyboard-- say:

Every document starts with an <HTML> and ends with </HTML>.

Don't know on the An versus 'a'.

These ideas are from the editing of my book by Ventana (which
was on Java), and from other HTML books I've read. From which
experiences I've concluded --perhaps prematurely--that I have something to
say :-).

Regards,

Doug Nickerson
doug_nickerson -at- onsetcomp -dot- com