Re: Creating PDF files from PageMaker

Subject: Re: Creating PDF files from PageMaker
From: Nara Malone <dh57th79 -at- SPRINTMAIL -dot- COM>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 02:29:49 +0000

Hi,

> The tech writers in my company have been asked to save our manuals (done
> in PageMaker) as PDF files for the customer service department. We are
> finding that some of the chapters convert while others do not,
> especially those with large graphics. It seems to be a memory problem
> but we are not sure how to work around it. Does anyone have experience
> with this process? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
> Pat Burrows

I'm having a similar problem with converting pagemaker files to html.
The graphics that were tiffs are converted to gif but are still much
to big to be reasonable in an html document. To further complicate
the situation they are ultrasound images for medical applications
that absolutely rely on quality imaging and high resolution. Any
advice or suggestions for resources would be welcome.

Nara

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=