PDF from Pagemaker

Subject: PDF from Pagemaker
From: "Geoff Hart (by way of \"Eric J. Ray\" <ejray -at- raycomm -dot- com>)" <ght -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 1998 08:40:04 -0700

pat burrows reports <<The tech writers in my company have been asked
to save our manuals (done in PageMaker) as PDF files for the customer
service department. We are finding that some of the chapters convert
while others do not, especially those with large graphics.>>

Your message isn't specific enough to give me a handle on the
problem: do you mean that PageMaker crashes, or the Postscript file
you're trying to distill won't distill properly, or that Acrobat
Distiller chokes on the file and crashes? One thing you might try is
to verify which version of the postscript printer driver you have
installed; the most recent version might work better than some
version you installed a long time ago. Another thing might be to
confirm whether you've manipulated the graphics inside Pagemaker or
inside the original graphics program that created them; the latter
approach is generally much safer and results in smaller file sizes.
--Geoff Hart @8^{)}
geoff-h -at- mtl -dot- feric -dot- ca

"By God, for a moment there it all made sense!"--Gahan Wilson

From ??? -at- ??? Sun Jan 00 00:00:00 0000=